cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a_craik
Community Contributor

Restore deleted assignment overrides via API?

Jump to solution

Hi everyone

We have a number of assignment overrides that have been accidentally deleted. I can see that they still exist in the beta environment, and that assignment overrides get a unique ID in Canvas.

Up until now I've seen anything that gets given a Canvas ID only gets 'soft' deleted, so it can be restored, but in this case I don't see how restoring overrides is possible (as I can't find reference to this in the API documentation).

Can it be done?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pklove
Community Champion

You cannot do it with the API - trying to update a deleted override just gives a does not exist message.

But it would be easy enough to use the API to read them from beta and put them into prod.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
a_craik
Community Contributor

Hi Belinda

Unfortunately I have, and to no avail, but thanks for the suggestion!

pklove
Community Champion

You cannot do it with the API - trying to update a deleted override just gives a does not exist message.

But it would be easy enough to use the API to read them from beta and put them into prod.

View solution in original post

a_craik
Community Contributor

Thanks Peter,

Indeed, using Beta had since become my backup plan if they couldn't be restored within production (as this is going to be a large volume of courses) - so it's reassuring that you've suggested this as the best approach. We'll get started!

Cheers

Adam