cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbryant
Community Participant

Restricting "Copy Course" Option for Teachers

The Canvas guide mentions that the "copy course" button (course settings) must be enabled by the account administrator. I am wondering how I can turn this off for teachers on my account. I reviewed the various options in the "Permissions" tab, but did not find it there. Anyone have a solution for this?

13 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cbryant ​, I'm not sure what "course copy button" you are referencing. Could you provide the link to the guide you are seeing this in? That would help in answering your question!

Here's a general information page about Permissions that also contains links to more documentation about the different permissions - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-3594

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I just checked and my faculty don't have access to the "Course copy button." I'm not sure which permission prevents this, but here are the permissions for our teachers.

Permissions.png

cbryant
Community Participant

Thanks  @kona ​. I see several discrepancies between your teacher settings and ours. I will test them and get back to you once I pinpoint the culprit.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

That would be great! Definitely let me know which it is!

cbryant
Community Participant

Tested those settings exactly as you have them, and the teachers still have the ability to copy the course. Any other thoughts?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hmmm.... do you have the "permanently delete this course" button? We got it hidden from our faculty and now I'm wondering if we had them hide the "copy this course" button as well. It was our CSM that I talked with about hiding the "permanently delete this course" button, so I'm wondering if you talked to your CSM if they could get the "Copy this course" button hidden for you.

cbryant
Community Participant

That was going to be my next logical step. I'll give them a ring tomorrow, as I've skimmed through every possible section and can't find any reference to that button. To be continued... for now.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Could you let us know what you find out?