Resume a peer evalution not yet completed

Jump to solution
cmoa68
Community Novice

Hello,

I was working on a peer evaluation, I started a few days ago to complete the scale, but I hadn't enough time to finish. Today I wanted to resume the peer review, but the scale is now blocked. The items I had already selected on the scale and the comments I had already put have disappeared. I can no longer select any box of the scale, and on the home page, it is written that I have finished all my peer reviews, which therefore not true. I can't add a note : the rated person got a note of 0/20, which is very annoying. What should I do ?

Thanks a lot for your help, it's pretty urgent !

Morgane

156/5000
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @cmoa68  Welcome to the Canvas Community and sorry that you've run into this issue. Unfortunately, I do not think anything can be done in this situation other than immediately contacting your instructor about the incomplete rubric.  Thank you for the screen captures, however you should not be placing any student names in them (your Problem 1 capture has several), so I'm tagging stefaniesanders‌ and  @Renee_Carney ‌--who are Community Managers here--to remove those screen captures. (Otherwise, thank you for them and for the English translation...they were helpful!)

But back to your issue; unfortunately, I cannot think of a way that even a Canvas administrator--and I am one--much less your instructor has the ability to "re-open" a peer review for you, once you submitted it. My guess is that while working on the rubric you clicked the Save Comment button.  That is indeed what would have caused Canvas to "think" that you were finished. (Admittedly, I suppose that's a case for changing the wording on that button, given that the online student documentation for peer reviews states "When you're finished, click the Save Comment button," but that's another issue entirely.)

I experimented with a sample course site myself just now, and there really is no way of letting a student edit a submission after Canvas "thinks" it is finished so far as I can tell. You raise an interesting issue, though I have to admit that I personally have never run into this before with peer reviews, since I guess most students don't think of saving their work along the way. 

But as I said originally, your best course of action is to contact your instructor  immediately to at least let him/her know that you were NOT finished and to inform him/her of what your actual score was.

I hope this helps a bit, Morgane, even if it is not exactly a solution.  Good luck in your studies!

View solution in original post

0 Likes