Retrieving submission after the semester ended

Jump to solution
iwade
Community Novice

I have a student who says he submitted an assignment (final project) an hour before it was due but I never saw the submission; he attached a screenshot of the page that says "submitted". When I tried to check it out today it was not viewable since I no longer have him as my student because the semester ended June 4th. 

I also tried to change the date the semester ended but it is not an option. 

Since the final project was worth a letter grade, I need to know if Canvas ever received the assignment and I would need to see it in order to grade it.

Is there a way I can retrieve this assignment? 

351105_pastedImage_1.png

1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Icela,

It you don't see the submission any more it sounds like the student enrollment was removed from the course.  Do you have the ability to add the student back in from the People section of the course?  

How do I add users to a course?  

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26524-how-do-i-restore-a-concluded-enrollment-in-a-course 

It's possible you don't have access to add people if the course is past the term end date, but a local Canvas admin should be able to.  I think that once the student is added back into the course you will see their grades and submissions.

Rick

View solution in original post