Roll Call Attendance does not seem to be automatically calculating anymore in the New Gradebook. Is there and update to using this tool?

Jump to solution
andrea_millette
Community Novice

I have been using the Roll Call Attendance for some time, and our new Gradebook will not show a grade any longer. I have entered attendance the settings seem correct, but no grades are populating.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @andrea_millette  Welcome to the Canvas Community. Roll Call Attendance can definitely be a finicky tool at times.  I'm wondering if, at some point, you may have deleted it and then tried restoring it?  The reason I ask is that there is actually a known current issue about this very problem, as covered here: Roll call attendance LTI not updating scores or creating new assignment .

Even if that it not the cause, unfortunately the best you can do for dealing with this is contacting Canvas Support (Help>>Report a Problem within Canvas, which may get routed to your local support first). It's possible they may be able to fix the issue.  You might want to run a roll call report first beforehand, just so that you have a record of attendance so far....assuming that's even working.  And frankly, Canvas Support may want to know that, as well?  Information on that is here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13054-4152107417 

Hope this helps a bit, Andrea.

View solution in original post

0 Likes