cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgutierrez
Community Member

Rotate Screen

Jump to solution

Is it possible to rotate the screen in the Canvas App? When my professors post their PDF of the lectures it would be nice to be able read it horizontally on my phone. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bkraus
Instructure
Instructure

Yeah, currently we do not support landscape layout on phones. I sure would like to though, it's on my hit list!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jgutierrez ​...

I tested this out in my own sandbox course using my iPhone 6 Plus, and you are right...you cannot rotate your phone to view a PDF file in landscape mode.  I am going to share your question with a couple of the mobile guys at Instructure who work closely on the mobile app to see if they would be able to weigh in.  The solution may be that you'll need to create a Feature Idea to have this implemented, but I'll let the mobile team reply with a better response.  Hope this helps, Jasmine!

bkraus
Instructure
Instructure

Yeah, currently we do not support landscape layout on phones. I sure would like to though, it's on my hit list!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jgutierrez ​...

Based on Deactivated user​' response, it sounds like you'll need to create a new Feature Idea if you'd like to see the landscape mode for mobile devices.  Please take a look at this document for further information: How do I create a new feature idea?

jgutierrez
Community Member

This is currently up for voting and can be reached at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7865-rotate-app-to-landscape-view Please vote up so we may have this feature. thank you!

nsams
Community Member

This link has been sent to cold storage, the only current thing that looks like its been fixed is that INSTRUCTORS can change PDF orientation, but STUDENTS still can not. I’m afraid if I add it, that it will get flagged as solved as this one has

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jgutierrez ‌ &  @nsams ‌ - 

It's been a while since this idea has been opened (2017), as you have already noticed. There has been no update to the app to support landscape on the iPhone, but you can re-create the idea to open it up again for voting.