cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashok_thapa
Community Member

Rotate locked in Annotation

Jump to solution

I am trying to look into the rotate option in annotation.

Once the assignment is marked, teachers can not rotate the submitted file.

Anyone experienced this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ashok_thapa , greetings! This is actually expected behavior in Canvas. Per this guide - How do I add annotated comments in student submissions using DocViewer in SpeedGrader? - it states, “To rotate the current page 90 degrees clockwise, click the Rotate button [4]. Pages with annotations cannot be rotated.”

I hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ashok_thapa , greetings! This is actually expected behavior in Canvas. Per this guide - How do I add annotated comments in student submissions using DocViewer in SpeedGrader? - it states, “To rotate the current page 90 degrees clockwise, click the Rotate button [4]. Pages with annotations cannot be rotated.”

I hope this helps! Kona

ashok_thapa
Community Member

Hi  @kona 

I have some test assignment is a test course where I can still rotate after annotation. The one I could not rotate was after marking.

Something I would like to know more about.

Ashok

Hmm... that’s interesting that on some you can rotate after annotating. My recommendation is to contact Canvas Support to see if they can help. To contact support, click on the Help link and Report a Problem. 

Kona

ashok_thapa
Community Member

Hi  @kona 

Yes, that's what got me confused. Something is missing here. Either I am unaware of the functionality or I need more testing on this.

Anyways, I have raised this issue with Canvas Support Team. Hopefully will get something soon.

Many thanks for your input.

Ashok

Please let us know what you find out from Support!

ashok_thapa
Community Member

Sure. Will keep the update in the thread.

Thanks.