Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zpickens
Community Member

Rubric issue: editing option absent from last column

Jump to solution

Hi,

Having a recurring issue when building rubrics. I've been building out the rubric rows left to right. Every once in a while, the cell in the last column to the right is missing the editing pencil icon, and I am unable to add any content to that cell. This happens sporadically. I cannot find a workaround other than to scrap the rubric and start over. Has anyone experienced this glitch, and do you know of a workaround? Thanks.

Image of a rubric--the last columns

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zpickens
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks, yes. It looks like this was a browser issue, but I think it is solved now.

- Zach

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@zpickens , I haven't had this happen, but my recommendation is to try using this when you are creating your rubric - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-8844-importing-rubrics-from-a-spreadsheet?sr=search&searchI...

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @zpickens - Since it's been a few weeks since there has been activity on this discussion, I thought I'd check in and see how things are going. Did the missing "edit" button reappear in your rubrics since the school year started? If yes, what happened or when did the change occur? If not, have you submitted a ticket with Canvas Support? 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @zpickens ...

I thought that I would also check in with you because we have not heard from you since the middle of August 2016.  I am hopeful that you've been able to find a solution to your question about that last column in rubrics.  Have you had a chance to review the document, Importing Rubrics from a Spreadsheet, that  @kona ‌ has suggested?  I use that all the time, and it works great!  I'd recommend giving it a try.  Since we have not heard from you for quite some time and since there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since late September 2017, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but this won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below.  I hope that's alright with you, Zachary.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

zpickens
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks, yes. It looks like this was a browser issue, but I think it is solved now.

- Zach

View solution in original post