Rubric showing up when assignment locked

Jump to solution
bt130
Community Explorer

Hi All!

I have some faculty who are not ready to post full details of assignments for students as they build them out. But our students rely heavily on canvas calendar. The workaround I proposed was making sure each assignment had "available from" checked with a date. 

Then the faculty member could work on assignment details, etc., and not worry about not having it polished or changing for students but still have the due date show up on their calendar. One wrinkle is those that use rubrics for grading and maybe building it out still. If they enter a rubric on the assignment it still shows up on student view even with a locked assignment. 

Any workaround to this? Thank you all for your help! 

Ben

Duke School of Medicine

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

This has been a common issue. Please consider adding to this Idea Conversation: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Hidden-Rubrics/idi-p/373528

My work-around has been to check the box "I'll write free-form comments when assessing students." That hides the language in the ratings boxes. Then when I'm ready to grade the students' work, I uncheck it.

View solution in original post