Rubric view not full screen

Jump to solution
susan_rushworth
Community Novice

Speed grader defaults to split view on entry - document viewer on the left, rubric and comments on the right.

I can get the doc viewer to be full screen (rubric and comments hidden) by clicking on the 3 dots on the left of the line that splits the two views. 

I can't do the same for the rubrics and comments view even though there is a matching 3 dots to the right of the split line. It even changes the mouse to a 'hand' pointer when I position over them, but clicking does nothing.

It would be really useful to be able to have the rubric full screen when entering marks and comments, rather than having it restricted to only the right-hand quarter of the screen (as docviewer occupies the remaining three quarters). 

See screenshot attached. 

It looks a lot like a bug to me...

I use Chrome, but I have tried with Safari and Firefox - no difference.

1 Solution

Hi Chris,

I tried that and it didn’t work with the dots on the rubric side, so I experimented with the dots on the docviewer side and found that I can drag them left to expand the rubric screen.

So problem solved, but not exactly intuitive. Why bother with the dots on the rubric side of the split screen if they don’t do anything?

I’ve wrestled with this issue for the 6 months I’ve been using Canvas and the Canvas expert at my teaching institution couldn’t find a solution which suggests I’m not alone in struggling with this.

Susan

View solution in original post