cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyoung4
Community Member

Rubrics/Outcomes

A few questions regarding rubrics/outcomes:
1. Can you tie an outcome to an individual quiz question or only to the quiz bank?

2. Item score: what are they and can they be changed?

3. Can you adjust points once you have created an outcome?

Thank you,

Carson

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Hello  @cyoung4 ‌ - Though I'm certainly no expert on Outcomes, I can offer you a few pertinent links, since this topic has come up a few times, as you might imagine.

Regarding your first question, the Outcome can only be aligned with the entire quiz or question bank.  The official documentation is here, though I imagine you've already seen this.  There has, in fact, been a Feature Idea requesting what you are asking for regarding individual quiz questions that is currently on the Product Radar:  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4258-aligning-outcomes-to-individual-quiz-questions .  Hard to say if when/if it will occur, though it is safe to say it would likely NOT be happening until the full deployment of Priority: Quizzes.Next  .

Questions 2 and 3 kind of are covering the same thing with editing, and the short answer is that you CANNOT edit it once it has been used to assess a student, as mentioned here:  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-1898   In that regard, it is very similar to a rubric, which can likewise not be edited.

Although you did not ask, be aware that Outcomes can come from two places:  the instructor his/herself at a course-specific level as well as through an account/subacount administrator.

I hope this helps a little!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @cyoung4 ‌...

I wanted to check in with you because I noticed there hasn't been any new activity in this discussion topic for about two months.  Have you had an opportunity to review the response from  @kblack ‌ that you received on April 15th?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help with your question?  If you feel that Ken's response did answer your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help, please come back to this thread to post an update so that members of the Canvas Community can continue to help you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope that's okay with you, Carson.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon!