cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edgar_schroeder
Community Member

Hello:

I am an instructor and I am trying to create a rubric for an assignment and I have completed one but I am unable to edit it.  I have gone to the outcomes link and received a blank page.

How do I fix this?

Edgar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello edgar.schroeder Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  There are two ways, that I know of, that you can edit your rubric within the Canvas environment.

• The first way is via the assignment...assuming that you've attached a rubric to the assignment you're working on.
    1. Go to the assignment in your course.
    2. Below the directions for your assignment, you should see the rubric you have attached to it.  (If not, see How do I add a rubric to an assignment?)
    3. Located on the top right corner of the rubric is a pencil icon.  This is how you can begin to edit your rubric for that assignment.
  • The second way is by following the steps outlined in this Guide: How do I manage rubrics in a course?  However, keep in mind that if you have used this rubric in multiple assignments in your course, you won't be able to edit the rubric.  😞

Also, I know you didn't really ask this question, but I'm going to let you know anyway...  there is a "Canvancement" from  @James ‌ (Richland Community College in Illinois) where you can create rubrics from a spreadsheet and load them into your course.  This is not something that is a part of the "core" Canvas product at this time, but I've used this tool a lot, and it has saved me several hours of work inputting rows if criterion one-by-one.  James is really good about answering questions, and so I would encourage you to look through this document in the event you'd like to try out this time-saving tool: Importing Rubrics from a Spreadsheet.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Edgar.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello edgar.schroeder Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  There are two ways, that I know of, that you can edit your rubric within the Canvas environment.

• The first way is via the assignment...assuming that you've attached a rubric to the assignment you're working on.
    1. Go to the assignment in your course.
    2. Below the directions for your assignment, you should see the rubric you have attached to it.  (If not, see How do I add a rubric to an assignment?)
    3. Located on the top right corner of the rubric is a pencil icon.  This is how you can begin to edit your rubric for that assignment.
  • The second way is by following the steps outlined in this Guide: How do I manage rubrics in a course?  However, keep in mind that if you have used this rubric in multiple assignments in your course, you won't be able to edit the rubric.  😞

Also, I know you didn't really ask this question, but I'm going to let you know anyway...  there is a "Canvancement" from  @James ‌ (Richland Community College in Illinois) where you can create rubrics from a spreadsheet and load them into your course.  This is not something that is a part of the "core" Canvas product at this time, but I've used this tool a lot, and it has saved me several hours of work inputting rows if criterion one-by-one.  James is really good about answering questions, and so I would encourage you to look through this document in the event you'd like to try out this time-saving tool: Importing Rubrics from a Spreadsheet.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Edgar.

View solution in original post