cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_dones
Community Member

SCORM Resetting Grade

Hello, I helped a faculty member create SCORM packages using Adobe Captivate and uploaded them to a Canvas course. The goal is to have the students review the lecture material in the assignment and answer lecture engagement quiz questions. The students need to score at least an 80% to be able to view the rest of the module items (the quiz is set to infinite attempts).  

However, if students want to access the SCORM material again the quiz grade resets to 0%. I have tried SCORM 1.2, 2004, xAPI, and the "never send resume data" option in Captivate. 

We have created a workaround by creating a page with all the material covered in the package.... but student still inadvertently access the assignment and reset their grade. 

The link below states that there is no functionality that will keep the score from resetting. 

https://kb.wisc.edu/luwmad/page.php?id=65984&no_frill=1 

Is this the case?

Thank you in advance! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
sibley
Community Participant

Hi

Our workaround is to have assignment disappear and post a second non-scorm version of the video for students to revisit.

jim

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @michael_dones ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question with the responses already provided or possibly through some of your own additional sleuthing? Because there hasn't been any more activity in a while, I am marking this question as answered as I assume that you have the information that you need.

If you still need further help or information, please feel free to reply to this thread and we can keep the discussion going. Equally if you found a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Finally, if this question has been answered by someone else specifically, please feel free to jump back in and mark that answer as correct.

Cheers,
Stuart