cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shatilla_prayer
Community Member

SCORM and Storyline 3 - Score 100% or nothing

I have a bunch on storyline activities that I want SCORM to post to the gradebook if the student gets 100% on the activity. However, I noticed that when I tested it, canvas still records a score even if its less than 100%. I have tried setting conditions in storyline for this type of scoring, but SCORM ignores my settings. What is the best way for this to work in canvas?

3 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@shatilla_prayer ,

First, I want to apologize for your question sitting in the community for so long without a response.

Second, It looks like you have stumped the Canvas Community.  Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie

Coworker of Shatilla here. We never got this issue resolved. Our solution, unfortunately, is an ongoing rewrite of all of our Articulate Storyline-generated activities that use SCORM into custom web apps that use LTI. We felt this was the best way to get around this issue in addition to some of the general usability wonkiness of SCORM apps in Canvas (grades resetting on app reload, etc.).

j_c_turner
Community Contributor

Hi

just wanted to say we have one scorm course that does this same behaviour. The vendor we bought it from says it is all fine. Having read this I think we will try to add it as a canvas quiz. Because of accessibility we will probably not use scorm again. Too unreliable 

jim