Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotd1t

SCORM will not report to gradebook

We have SCORM files that will not report to the gradebook.

8 Replies
jacob_mcbee

I am using Articulate and my options that I used for scoring were Points and complete/incomplete. When I run it through to Canvas it comes in as percentage every time, and I was wondering if this was figuring in the grading issue. Some of the students receive a grade while others do not.

We did figure out that if the student finished and got a grade if they returned to go back into the lesson it would revert to a zero.

Anyone one else have this problem as well?

We are also experiencing the same issue between our SL files and SCORM 1.2 / 2004.  Did you have an luck in finding a resolution on your end?

Maeve_McCooey
Community Contributor

I'm afraid I can't help on this one but just wanted to say thank you  @scotd1t  as this is really useful as we have had some requests to allow scorm in our instance of Canvas. I will keep an eye on this if and when we do our testing and provide any additional feedback for you. Again, thanks for sharing!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @scotd1t ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  While I don't necessarily have an answer for you myself, I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on August 23, 2018.  It looks like you've received a few replies from members of the Community, but as I'm reading through them, I'm not sure if any of the responses have a solution to your question.  Have you had an opportunity to review the above responses from  @jacob_mcbee , jbowers, and  @Maeve_McCooey ?  Did any of their responses help to answer your question?  If so, please feel free to mark one of their responses as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please let us know that as well so that someone might be able to assist you.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not seen any new activity in this topic since November 23, 2018.  But, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Scot.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Hello Chris, 

I am having the same issue when I use SCORM files in Canvas assignments there is no grade and the students are very confused and concerned that they may have missed something.  I wish we could get a fix for this.  If you happen to find a solution please post it here.

gramos
Community Member

@chofer , I also had the same issue this semester. Students would go through the SCORM lesson and get their score, but if they went back to review it in order to study, their grade would get reset. (I made my packages with iSpring Suite.)

broxholm

This is a Canvas problem all my SCORM's work on SCORM.com. I too use Articulate for many years now. Sometimes they score and sometimes they don't and as stated if the student opens up the lesson again it will zero out the score.  Very frustrating. I wish Someone in Canvas programming would take SCORM reporting seriously. Even if you mark to score completed or uncompleted once the student opens up the lesson they are marked as completed. 

rebecca_denham
Community Member

We are having a similar problem - a scorm package developed by an external provider requires only completion - there are no actual marks. We cannot get any info into the gradebook.