Same Group Used in Two Assignments

Jump to solution
swest21
Community Member

I created a group that has 4 subset groups. Students are told to self-assign to a group. I have two assignments which the need to use the same groups to which the students self-assigned.  One assignment is a discussion.  The 2nd assignment is one in which the students share and work on a worksheet that is provided.  I can see the discussion groups just fine and it appears the students will be able to answer the group questions.  I created the worksheet assignment and tied it to the group.  There will be one grade per group.  I cannot see where the student subset groups will show up for collaboration similar to the discussion group.  Can someone guide me to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks and have a great day!

Sandra West

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Hi Sandra,

With a Group discussion you'll see links to each group discussion.  But with a Group Assignment the main aspect of how it works is that when one student turns in the assignment it's turned in for everyone in the group.  As such you the teacher don't really see different areas for each group in the Assignment (you will in speedgrader).  But, students to get their own group space to work in if they want.  If you go to People and then click the tab for the group set you'll see the individual groups listed.  Click the 3 dots to the right of a group and you'll see "Visit Group Homepage".  For students it's a little more obvious as they will have a Groups button the left side Global Navigation which they can click on to go to the group.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes