cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthias_5
Community Member

Same Multiple Dropdowns used multiple times in a question not showing

Jump to solution

I have a quiz using multiple dropdowns that has a table where students will provide the life cycle of weeds. I am able to set up the dropdowns however, several of the weeds have the same answer and each time I add the same  code to the question the question, when previewing, shows the code I used instead of the dropdown.

Each of the life cycles that have the same dropdown code ([sa]) show [sa] when previewing instead of the dropdown. Each of the dropdowns have the same potential answers: B, CP, SA, SP, WA.

I have two questions on the quiz that have the same multiple dropdown issue (the second question involves numbers).

Can a dropdown code only be used once in a quiz?

289071_multipledropdown.png

The first of the [sa} dropdowns shows (Carpetweed) but the remaining pieces of the question that use that same dropdown only show the code [sa].

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @matthias_5 ‌ - I'm not an expert, necessarily, on this topic, but I fear that your assumption is correct based on what I have dug up in a previous, similar question here: Creation of drop down choice lists that are the same across questions .  You may want to read through the many comments on this.  I'm not sure if Priority: Quizzes.Next will be solving this, either.  The new quiz engine has incorporated multiple drop-downs into their fill-in-the-blank engine, as outlined here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15069-4152780601 but I have not had a chance to play around with Quizzes.Next yet.  In any event, any future development on this issue will be on Quizzes.Next rather than in the existing quiz engine.

Not the answer you are looking for, I fear, but I hope this information and the links help a bit.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @matthias_5 ‌ - I'm not an expert, necessarily, on this topic, but I fear that your assumption is correct based on what I have dug up in a previous, similar question here: Creation of drop down choice lists that are the same across questions .  You may want to read through the many comments on this.  I'm not sure if Priority: Quizzes.Next will be solving this, either.  The new quiz engine has incorporated multiple drop-downs into their fill-in-the-blank engine, as outlined here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15069-4152780601 but I have not had a chance to play around with Quizzes.Next yet.  In any event, any future development on this issue will be on Quizzes.Next rather than in the existing quiz engine.

Not the answer you are looking for, I fear, but I hope this information and the links help a bit.