Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
probinson1

Scaled Grade for Repeat Quiz Attempts?

Hi everyone,

I’d like to set up my quizzes so that students can make up to three attempts to achieve a better score on quizzes (the goal being to learn and not to test memory). My thought is this:

• Student A takes quiz and earns 72%, retakes and earns 84%, retakes final time and earns a 95%.
  • Student B takes quiz and earns 95% straight away.

I’d like Student B’s 95% to be worth/weighted more than Student A’s results. 

Any ideas? Does this already exist in Canvas?

Thanks,

Polly

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@probinson1 , the only thing I can think of for this is to use the average quiz score. And yes, if you offer multiple attempts on a quiz this is an option, pretty sure right under or by where you set the number of attempts. 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @probinson1 ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on March 13, 2018.  It looks like  @kona ‌ replied to you a day later.  Have you had an opportunity to review Kona's feedback?  If so, did her response help to answer your question?  Do you have any outstanding questions as it relates to your original question?  If you feel that Kona's response has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark her reply as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Canvas Community, please come back to this topic to post an update below so that someone might be able to help you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you in over three months and because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for about the same amount of time.  However, that will not prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Polly.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.