Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pete1
Community Contributor

Schedule a reminder (android)

Jump to solution

Hello again canvas community!

We have had issues with out students and deadlines...

I notice that iOS has a nice reminder How do I schedule a reminder for an assignment on my iPhone?​. However i was just wondering if there are plans to make this available for android?

I know how thorough canvas is with everything, so I am presuming this is most likely due to the operating system. Just wondering if anyone has any more information available on this subject??

Thanks for your time guys!

Pete

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kbesaw
Instructure
Instructure

@pete1 

While stefaniesanders​ helps you connect with a mobile team lead. I'm wondering whether the push notifications that were released Canvas by Instructure Release Notes (Android 4.4) might be configured in such a way as to help you accomplish the reminder you need.

Like you, I figure it is likely either on the way or not feasible with the operating system (I happen to be an iPhone user), but creating a feature idea is never a bad idea if you want others to weigh in and get the direct attention of the mobile team as well. How do I create a new feature idea?

Wishing you all the best and Happy Halloween!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@pete1 ​, I don't have an immediate answer for you, so I'm going to share your question with someone who might be able to shed light on whether this is in the development plan for Android.

kbesaw
Instructure
Instructure

@pete1 

While stefaniesanders​ helps you connect with a mobile team lead. I'm wondering whether the push notifications that were released Canvas by Instructure Release Notes (Android 4.4) might be configured in such a way as to help you accomplish the reminder you need.

Like you, I figure it is likely either on the way or not feasible with the operating system (I happen to be an iPhone user), but creating a feature idea is never a bad idea if you want others to weigh in and get the direct attention of the mobile team as well. How do I create a new feature idea?

Wishing you all the best and Happy Halloween!

View solution in original post

pete1
Community Contributor

stefaniesanders

Thank you for the response and share.

Deactivated user​

Thank you for your reply. From my playing in the app, I can only figure out push notifications for changes in assignment dates, which is still definitely helpful for our students but not quite the same as the iOS reminder. I might look at putting it to a new feature idea. Thank you both!

And I hope your Halloween was enjoyable (i'm from Australia, so ours was a bit of a fizzle)