cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brett_girod
Community Member

Scoring Outcomes

Jump to solution

I have set up "Outcomes" and turned on the "Learning Mastery Gradebook", but I am unable to score my "Outcomes" with "Speed Grader". I am immensely frustrated with this.  I use a rubric in speed grader for every other assignment and I simply add the points. Does outcomes work differently? There seems to be a whole in the information on this page and in every youtube video I can find where the answer should be. Here is a screen shot of the point where I am expecting to rate mastery. I have clicked assingment, speedgrader, view rubric. At this stage normally I would begin scoring. Not so with outcomes add to a rubric. 

260611_Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 1.51.52 PM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @brett_girod  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  If I am interpreting your question correctly, you are unable to see the points total up in the "Pts" column of your rubric, correct?  As best I can tell, you are maybe unchecking a box when inserting each Outcome into your rubric.  Have a look at my example:

Outcomes in a Rubric

When I clicked on the link at the bottom of the rubric to "Find Outcome", when I select the outcome I want to use in the rubric, there is a checkbox for "Use this criterion for scoring".  Keep that box checked.  You'll see that I did that for the first two outcomes above.  However, if I uncheck that box for rows 3 and 4, then I don't get the textbox in the Pts column like I do for rows 1 and 2.  (By the way, the above screen shot is viewing the rubric from inside the SpeedGrader assignment.)  I can still click on each of the cells (including rows 3 and 4), but the rubric will only total points from rows 1 and 2.

Could you please double-check this is how you have your rubric set up?  If so, we might need to do some further troubleshooting.  Please keep us posted...thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @brett_girod  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  If I am interpreting your question correctly, you are unable to see the points total up in the "Pts" column of your rubric, correct?  As best I can tell, you are maybe unchecking a box when inserting each Outcome into your rubric.  Have a look at my example:

Outcomes in a Rubric

When I clicked on the link at the bottom of the rubric to "Find Outcome", when I select the outcome I want to use in the rubric, there is a checkbox for "Use this criterion for scoring".  Keep that box checked.  You'll see that I did that for the first two outcomes above.  However, if I uncheck that box for rows 3 and 4, then I don't get the textbox in the Pts column like I do for rows 1 and 2.  (By the way, the above screen shot is viewing the rubric from inside the SpeedGrader assignment.)  I can still click on each of the cells (including rows 3 and 4), but the rubric will only total points from rows 1 and 2.

Could you please double-check this is how you have your rubric set up?  If so, we might need to do some further troubleshooting.  Please keep us posted...thanks!

View solution in original post

I didn't realize that when the "Outcome" did not contribute to the point total, I simply needed to select the "Outcome" rating with the mouse and it would be quantified. I kept looking for an option to type the outcome rating where the null box was. Thank you for the quick response.