cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delodax

Secondary button

Jump to solution

Hi!

When using the Theme Editor of Canvas, once can specify colors for a "Secondary Button". To make sure I select a suitable color, I'd need to know where this type of button appears. Does anyone know in which context Canvas utilizes the "Secondary Button"? I mainly see "Primary Buttons" wherever I browse.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack

Hi delodax - That's a really good question, and it had me looking up the secondary button color in our own theme at my campus, and had me wondering where on earth I had seen that color. I am delighted to report that my memory was not as bad as I feared, as the correct answer is:  nowhere!  I was able to verify this by checking the ever-reliably awesome Canvas documentation, specifically here:  How do I create a theme for an account using the Theme Editor?   If you check the PDF that is linked there called Canvas Theme Editor Components, you will find out that it is stated, for Secondary Button:

This component is currently not used in the Canvas interface

So rest easy knowing that, for the moment at least, you need not spend any more time looking for one

I hope this helps, Peter!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack

Hi delodax - That's a really good question, and it had me looking up the secondary button color in our own theme at my campus, and had me wondering where on earth I had seen that color. I am delighted to report that my memory was not as bad as I feared, as the correct answer is:  nowhere!  I was able to verify this by checking the ever-reliably awesome Canvas documentation, specifically here:  How do I create a theme for an account using the Theme Editor?   If you check the PDF that is linked there called Canvas Theme Editor Components, you will find out that it is stated, for Secondary Button:

This component is currently not used in the Canvas interface

So rest easy knowing that, for the moment at least, you need not spend any more time looking for one

I hope this helps, Peter!

Thanks for the clarification! Good work!