cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthew_r_mcgol
Community Contributor

Section-Specific Statistics

I'm hoping some more seasoned Canvas admins can help me here.  I'm looking for the most effective way to get data and statistics for a course per section.  At the course level the stats seem to be pretty generic to the course.  Is there another option within the account/sub-account level that I am overlooking? I'm trying to get a beat on how one section performed compared to another.  Any insight or recommendations would be most helpful.

Matt

7 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@matthew_r_mcgol ‌, I've shared your question with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/admins?sr=search&searchId=b1ceb1a6-8668-401c-9ec9-5fea337f475...‌ group so that it catches their attention.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @matthew_r_mcgol ...

I noticed that we've not heard from you since you first posted this question on June 15th and then received a response from stefaniesanders‌ later that day.  It appears that you may have stumped member of the Canvas Community with your question.  Have you been able to come up with any solutions on your end since you first posted this question?  Or, are you still looking for some help obtaining this data?  Stefanie shared your question with one group already, but I'm going to share your question with an additional group, Big Data, in hopes that your question will get some more exposure.  You can follow either of the groups we've linked to by using the links we've provided and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the page.  Also, by checking in with you, your question will get bumped up a bit so that someone might see it.  Good luck, Matthew!

matthew_r_mcgol
Community Contributor

Thanks for checking in  @chofer .  I never did receive any follow up on how to get this sort of insight.  This degree of granularity is always of interest and I'd like to be able to make suggestions to my teachers.  For example, how is a special education section performing compared to a general education section in the same course?  Or, how is a special education section performing as compared to an ESOL section?  I have access to Canvas Data but I'm not clear on whether this would be the best place to unpack things either.  Thanks for your help!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Just to make sure we're not missing anyone in the Conversation, I've also shared this with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-developers?sr=search&searchId=bd17da90-f2ee-4b29-800f-...‌ group in the Community.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @matthew_r_mcgol  (a.k.a. Chuck Norris)...

We've not heard from you for almost two months, so I thought I'd post a quick update.  Anything that you've been able to find on your own since you first posted this question?  It may be that you'e stumped the Community with your question, but hopefully by checking in once again, your question will move more to the top of the thread so that it gets some visibility.  Looking forward to hearing back from you, Matthew.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @matthew_r_mcgol ...

I wanted to check in one more time with you because we've not seen any new activity in this thread for almost four months.  I'm going to go ahead and mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been much activity in this topic lately, but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Matthew.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

matthew_r_mcgol
Community Contributor

Hey  @chofer  I was not able to get any more information beyond using Canvas Data. It would be great if this were part of the reporting options so I will create a new feature request. Thanks for checking in.