Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zaram

See statistics based on question group in quizzes

Jump to solution

I would like to be able to see statistics for question groups within a quiz. For example, set up each question group as a standard/objective and be able to see how my students did as a whole on that question group. I have checked the Student Statistics report and the Quiz Analysis report. Maybe I am overlooking it...

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@zaram , greetings! Nope, you aren't missing anything. Canvas doesn't provide quiz statistics/analytics by question group. If you wanted something like that you would need to download the quiz statistics (for each question) and then group them by question group and find the desired data yourself. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@zaram , greetings! Nope, you aren't missing anything. Canvas doesn't provide quiz statistics/analytics by question group. If you wanted something like that you would need to download the quiz statistics (for each question) and then group them by question group and find the desired data yourself. 

Hope this helps! Kona

dabrowsa
Community Member

"...download the quiz statistics (for each question) and then group them by question group"

How do we group them that way?  I.e. how do we tell which questions are in the same group?  Here's the start of the first line of the cvs file I get from "Student Analysis":

name id section section_id submitted attempt 59197960: 1.0 59197709: 1.0 58981449: 1.0 59197978: 1.0 59197981: 1.0 59197725:

We see question ID numbers followed by point value.  How do we tell which question IDs are in the same group?