Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daria_minina

Self sign-up groups in Students view

Jump to solution

When self sign-up groups are created in People section, these groups can not be seen open in Students view. What options does Canvas have to see the self sign-up groups from students perspective?

Thank you for help!

Daria

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi Daria -

The online Student Guide gives a pretty good "feel" for it here:  How do I join a group as a student?

I can verify for you it's just as advertised, as I tried it just now on a sample course.  BEFORE a student joins a self sign-up group they see something like this under the Groups tab in People:

self sign-up groups.jpg

Once a student clicks the "JOIN" link, they will see this:

after joining.jpg

It is important to note, however, that students can always switch between groups as long as you allow self sign-up, as the documentation for instructors notes.  So you will want to be sure to turn that option off once everyone is settled in.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Hi Daria -

The online Student Guide gives a pretty good "feel" for it here:  How do I join a group as a student?

I can verify for you it's just as advertised, as I tried it just now on a sample course.  BEFORE a student joins a self sign-up group they see something like this under the Groups tab in People:

self sign-up groups.jpg

Once a student clicks the "JOIN" link, they will see this:

after joining.jpg

It is important to note, however, that students can always switch between groups as long as you allow self sign-up, as the documentation for instructors notes.  So you will want to be sure to turn that option off once everyone is settled in.

Hope this helps.

I don’t see the “Join” button either.

0 Kudos