Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjacobs
Community Member

Send notification to student of status change due to nonpayment?

Jump to solution

Once a student's status is changed to inactive due to nonpayment, is it possible for that to trigger a notification to be displayed on the student's dashboard?  If we could provide an explanation for the "missing courses," I think we could prevent Service Desk tickets.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cjacobs ​, there is nothing built into the front-end of Canvas that would do this. Yet, ultimately it might be possible with some programming on the back-end of Canvas. Because of this I'm going to share your question with the Canvas Developers​ group in the Community to see if they can help.

I know for us students are automatically sent an email when they are dropped for nonpayment, but this is done through our student information system, not Canvas.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cjacobs ​, there is nothing built into the front-end of Canvas that would do this. Yet, ultimately it might be possible with some programming on the back-end of Canvas. Because of this I'm going to share your question with the Canvas Developers​ group in the Community to see if they can help.

I know for us students are automatically sent an email when they are dropped for nonpayment, but this is done through our student information system, not Canvas.

cjacobs
Community Member

@kona  Thanks for the help!