cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_dehuszar
Community Member

Sending Grades Confidentiallt

How do I send a student's grades to her so that her classmates cannot see them?

Tags (1)
2 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @m_dehuszar   Are the students not able to log in to Canvas themselves?  If they are able to log in then they should be able to go to the Grades tab of their course and see their scores confidentially.  Here is a few guide pages from the student perspective that shows how students would access grades:

How do I view my grades in a current course? 

How do I approximate my assignment scores using the What-If Grades feature? 

How do I view my grades in a concluded course? 

If you send a message to students using the Canvas Inbox (Conversations) they should also get a message themselves and not something other students can access.  Sending messages is described here:

How do I use Conversations as an instructor? 

How do I send a message to a user in a course in Conversations as an instructor? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12742-4152719684 

You may have a particular situation in mind for which these options may not work.  If so please let us know and we can try to find another method that will work for you.

All the best!

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @m_dehuszar .  We haven't heard from you in a while so I thought I would check in and see if you were able to find a resolution to the problem you reported. I am going to go ahead and mark this as "assumed answered" for now, but this can be changed if needed and marking the question as assumed answered doesn't prevent continued discussion in the thread.

All the best!