Set a Course as a Blueprint by CSV Files

Jump to solution
Bobby-Nourani
Community Participant

Hi

I was thinking about creating a bunch of Blueprints via csv file on Canvas but I realised that there is actually no filed in the course creation CSV file for setting a course as a blueprint.

You can only link a course to a blueprint bye specifying the blueprint id in "blueprint_course_id". But I couldn't find any way to create blueprints with CSV files.

I think I have to got in the settings of each course one by one and set them as a blueprint.

Does anyone know any way to set bunch of course as blueprints in bulk?

Cheers,

B

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @Bobby-Nourani 

I understand that you are trying to find a way to mass create blueprint courses. 

I was able to look around on this question for a little bit. From what I found, it looks like there is not a way to create blueprint courses in mass. I checked the Canvas API documentation as well as the guide for formatting CSV's. Here is the Blueprint API I found also. 

It appears that you have to manually enable the course as a blueprint before you can associate it. Does your school use a SIS(Student information system) at all? If so, you might be able to enable the courses you create as blueprints, depending on the type of SIS you use. 

It might be best to check with Canvas support to see if there is another way to do this. Unfortunately, I was not able to find anything as far as this topic goes. I do apologize. 

-Colton

View solution in original post