cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdrimalla
Community Member

Setting Default Characteristics of Assignments

Jump to solution

Is there any way to set default characteristics of a homework assignment? I would like to default my homework to be 10 points and always be handed in through hard copy.

Message was edited by: Chris Hofer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awilliams
Community Champion

After you've created an assignment, if you immediately add a new assignment, most of the assignment settings will be retained from the last one such as point value, assignment group, and submission type.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
awilliams
Community Champion

After you've created an assignment, if you immediately add a new assignment, most of the assignment settings will be retained from the last one such as point value, assignment group, and submission type.

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@jdrimalla ​, awilliams​'s observation should help you create multiple assignments with standardize settings. If you'd like to make a bunch of identical copies of an assignment and then customize them as necessary, give  @James_Kocher_UF ​'s suggestion a try: Copying items in a course

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jdrimalla ​...

It looks like awilliams​ and stefaniesanders​ have given you some good help here.  As an FYI, I am going to modify the title of your posting and also tag it with keywords.  Since the current title of your question is already in the body of your message, it's not necessary to also include it in the subject line.  Making these modifications will help others easily search for it should they have similar questions.  If the modified title doesn't reflect what you are asking in your question, just let me know, and we can work to make it right.  Hope all this is ok with you.