Community Participant

Setting up canvas Instructor Privileges

Jump to solution

Setting up Instructor Privilege :

Hi All ,

Would like to know how to enable following features for the instructor 

- Enable Instructor course creation

- Enable Instructor course copy.

This there any plugin needs to be added to the canvas instance ?

Thank you in advance

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattHanes
Community Champion

Greetings, I think I can help you out with this:

Go to the Settings area of your root account and at the bottom of the Settings page is an option that says "Who can create new courses?"
271168_pastedImage_1.png

Once the setting above is enabled for teachers, they will all get a new "copy this course" button in their Course Settings. They'll have to be a teacher in the course to see that button.

You'll have to give it a few minutes for these changes to take effect. If you enable teachers to create new courses it can take about 5 or 10 minutes before anyone sees the new option.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MattHanes
Community Champion

Greetings, I think I can help you out with this:

Go to the Settings area of your root account and at the bottom of the Settings page is an option that says "Who can create new courses?"
271168_pastedImage_1.png

Once the setting above is enabled for teachers, they will all get a new "copy this course" button in their Course Settings. They'll have to be a teacher in the course to see that button.

You'll have to give it a few minutes for these changes to take effect. If you enable teachers to create new courses it can take about 5 or 10 minutes before anyone sees the new option.

View solution in original post

lego_admin
Community Participant

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response. With your guidance we were able to resolve the problem we had. 

Thank you 

Chathu Madhushan

Glad I could help!