cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlpucc
Community Member

Setting visibility for modules

Jump to solution

I want to make available/visible modules to students as we progress through the semester. Where is this function to set visibility?

Thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @dlpucc  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  One of your options is to publish each of your modules as you want your students to begin working on the content in them.  (Make sure that you've got all the content items within the module published, too.)  This Guide, How do I use Draft State in Modules?, has more information on how to publish content.

Another option is to set prerequisites/requirements on your modules so that some things have to be completed before you can move on to other things.  Check out How do I add prerequisites to a module? and https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13134-415261967 for more information.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Deanna.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about the above information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @dlpucc  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  One of your options is to publish each of your modules as you want your students to begin working on the content in them.  (Make sure that you've got all the content items within the module published, too.)  This Guide, How do I use Draft State in Modules?, has more information on how to publish content.

Another option is to set prerequisites/requirements on your modules so that some things have to be completed before you can move on to other things.  Check out How do I add prerequisites to a module? and https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13134-415261967 for more information.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Deanna.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about the above information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
dlpucc
Community Member

Thank you!