Settings on Front/Home Page

Jump to solution
drs02040
Community Explorer

Is there any way to prevent the Settings on the Home Page from resetting itself?  I'm referring to the list of Settings that appears on the left side.  I move some things in the Navigation settings from the top section down to the hidden section, hit save, and everything looks fine.  But days later when I return, the items I moved are back in the top visible section.  Why does this keep happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @drs02040 ...

It seems pretty odd to me that your course navigation menu items would be moving/resetting back to some other layout/order after you've left the course for a period of time and then returned to it later on.  That does not sound like normal Canvas behavior.  Are there any other instructors in your course that would have changed the order?  Have you spoken with your school's local Canvas administrators to see if they have any thoughts for you on this?  You might want to start there if you've not had a conversation with those folks.  If those conversations don't solve the issue, you might want to contact Canvas Support.  You can do that by clicking on the "Help" icon in your left-hand global navigation menu within Canvas.

How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Please keep us posted on this...thanks!

View solution in original post