cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgs
Community Member

Sharing Peer review

Jump to solution

I have my students peer review a written assignment. I as an instructor then also comments on the same assignment and on the peer review. In order for the students to get the feedback I would want them to be able to see the instructors (and second peer reviewer comments) so that they learn from the process. Is there any way to make the comments open to the student reviewers?

Karin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kgs , as far as I'm aware, no, there's no way to do this in Canvas. Canvas is designed (for student privacy reasons) to not let other students see the grades and/or comments an Instructor submits for another student. My recommendation is to to possibly create an additional assignment for reviewing the review where you can provide feedback to the student who did the review and possibly show them your feedback you provided to the other student. Another way of doing this would be to use a discussion for the peer review. That would make it easier for you provide the feedback in one place and the student and the reviewer could see what you wrote. 

Kona

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kgs , as far as I'm aware, no, there's no way to do this in Canvas. Canvas is designed (for student privacy reasons) to not let other students see the grades and/or comments an Instructor submits for another student. My recommendation is to to possibly create an additional assignment for reviewing the review where you can provide feedback to the student who did the review and possibly show them your feedback you provided to the other student. Another way of doing this would be to use a discussion for the peer review. That would make it easier for you provide the feedback in one place and the student and the reviewer could see what you wrote. 

Kona

View solution in original post