Sharing Videos in Studio/Conference

Jump to solution
yu_zhang
Community Novice

Is there a way to automatically share a video in studio with students when it is uploaded? The videos are recorded in conference and I had to download them and upload on canvas per advice from the university, but it turns out that the videos in studio are not even visible to the students unless one explicitly shares with each student via email. I found this really annoying and poorly designed. I wonder if canvas can be configured so that a) conference video can be automatically archived in studio, and b) studio can be set up so that videos are shared with all students.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @yu_zhang ...

but it turns out that the videos in studio are not even visible to the students unless one explicitly shares with each student via email

This is not entirely accurate...specifically about the e-mail part.  Once you have a video uploaded to your Studio library within Canvas, you have a few options to allow your students to watch the video:

• First, you can embed the Studio video from your library into any course content page...including "Pages", "Announcements", "Assignments", "Discussions", etc.  Check out this Guide for more details: How do I embed Canvas Studio media in a course?
  • Second, you can "share" the video with others so that it will appear in their own Studio library.  Once the video is shared, students should be able to go to their "Studio" button, click on the three-lined "hamburger" icon in the upper left corner of the screen (next to "My Uploads") and select "Shared with Me" which will display any videos that have been shared by someone else.  See this Guide for more details: How do I share media with a user in Canvas Studio?.
  • You could send your students a "public" link via the Canvas Inbox, but I don't think that option would let you see the "Insights" for the video that Studio provides to you so you can see who is watching the video and what parts they may be skipping over.  See this Guide for more information: How do I get a public link or embed code for media in Canvas Studio?

I hope this helps to answer your questions.  Please let Community members know if we can be of further assistance.  Stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes