Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anja_hellem

Sharing events in different calendars/courses

Jump to solution
  1. I have the need to be able to share events from the calendar in more than one course.. is there any possibility to be able to share one event i several courses?  (so i dont have to punch it in to every course, when it applies to four)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hello  @anja_hellem  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community! Unfortunately, there is NOT a way to do that currently in Canvas, though you are certainly in good company in wanting something like that. Take a look at this Feature Idea, which you can still vote "up": https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/2301-create-a-single-course-calendar-entry-across-multiple-cla... . While it is on the Product Radar, there does not appear to have been any recent updates as to when something like this might be implemented.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Hello  @anja_hellem  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community! Unfortunately, there is NOT a way to do that currently in Canvas, though you are certainly in good company in wanting something like that. Take a look at this Feature Idea, which you can still vote "up": https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/2301-create-a-single-course-calendar-entry-across-multiple-cla... . While it is on the Product Radar, there does not appear to have been any recent updates as to when something like this might be implemented.

ysmalls
Community Champion

Hi  @anja_hellem ‌, we have had this same question many times.  We pretty much tell them to copy the content and paste it or use the import specific content and only select the calendar events that you want to copy over.

Either way it's work and we hope to soon get this feature.

Its at the moment the biggest reason why we consider using a different system. This is the thing we need the most to be able to coordinate the way we work at our university, since so many students follow a lot of the same projects and classes, and have only a few classes apart.

Teachers are complaining that it causes a lot of mess in the general calendar because it gets so messy with so many events on top of each other. (even though you can decide witch calendars to see) At the moment this, and the fact that you cant book rooms are pressing reasons as to why we have problems to implement this system at our university.

I can only hope you will consider to add this feature as soon as possible, if not we will have to find a system that works better for us, as it causes so much problem into our planning and waste so much time punching it all in.

I know you have other pressing matters as well, but I really hope you can help, we really like the system and would love to be able to use it.

Best regards

Anja Hellem

Coordinator

The Norwegian TV-School

University College of Lillehammer

I agree that this creates a lot of extra work for those of us who need to share calendars with multiple courses.  I hope this is taken into consideration by the developers. 

Thank you,

Alicia