cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkane
Community Participant

Sharing from Commons

Jump to solution

Hi! As an instructional coach I am looking for content for the teachers I work with. We are all new to Canvas. I am finding some great stuff in the Commons area (thanks everyone!) but don't necessarily need to import them to my course because I am a coach (my content is more PD based).

Is there a way to SHARE from Commons to another user in Canvas?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brueckert
Community Champion

Hi  @mkane 

Welcome to the Canvas Community! I don't believe you can push content directly from Commons to another person in your account but there are two possible workarounds I can think of. One, you could import the content into one of your own test (sandbox) courses, then have them copy from that course if they have access to it. If you don't have a sandbox course to play in, you should make one! (How do I create a new course shell? ) Two, if you have the ability to masquerade as another user, you could masquerade as the other teacher, then import from Commons as normal into whichever course the content should land. If you don't have masquerade capabilities, you might talk to your admin to see if this is kosher for your institution.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
brueckert
Community Champion

Hi  @mkane 

Welcome to the Canvas Community! I don't believe you can push content directly from Commons to another person in your account but there are two possible workarounds I can think of. One, you could import the content into one of your own test (sandbox) courses, then have them copy from that course if they have access to it. If you don't have a sandbox course to play in, you should make one! (How do I create a new course shell? ) Two, if you have the ability to masquerade as another user, you could masquerade as the other teacher, then import from Commons as normal into whichever course the content should land. If you don't have masquerade capabilities, you might talk to your admin to see if this is kosher for your institution.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

mkane
Community Participant

Hi Brian! Thank you. I will definitely try both of your suggestions.

Meredith