Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abunag
Community Champion

Short name when creating a new course?

Jump to solution

Hello,

We're experiencing an issue when creating a new course via the "start a new course" button on the dashboard - there's no short name field.

Has anyone seen the same performance?  And/or know of a solution?

I've already submitted a ticket, but haven't gotten any answer back yet.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abunag
Community Champion

I just got a response back.  Apparently there was a stealth update here:  "If your course name is longer than 21 characters, you can create a course code in the Short Name field [2]."

So apparently the name needs to be long to get the field to appear.  Very suboptimal.  We'll be talking to our CSM.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I just checked and am seeing the same thing, no short name option when I go to manually create a new course. I also checked the following guide and it looks like that field should be there - How do I start a new course?

Please let us know what Support has to say!

abunag
Community Champion

I just got a response back.  Apparently there was a stealth update here:  "If your course name is longer than 21 characters, you can create a course code in the Short Name field [2]."

So apparently the name needs to be long to get the field to appear.  Very suboptimal.  We'll be talking to our CSM.

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks for the update and yes, this seems sub-optimal.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

And as I read further on the guide for this it states, "If your course name is longer than 21 characters, you can create a course code in the Short Name field [2]. If your course name is too short to create a Short Name, a short name will automatically be created for you. If you have permission to edit the course name, you may be able to change the course name and code later in Course Settings."