cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koenekern
Community Participant

Showing Correct Answers for Quizes

Jump to solution

If I make my quiz so that the correct answers show during the quiz "open" time frame, will the correct answers only be seen by those students who've taken the quiz or will everyone (even those who haven't taken it yet) see them?

Say I publish the quiz today, 11/28 and make it due 12/8.  I currently have the correct answers to be shown on 12/8.  But I'd like to have them be shown sooner to be used as a study aid.  I just don't want all students to see them; only the ones who've completed the quiz.

I hope this makes sense.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@koenekern ​, I'll add a little more to what Stefanie said, students who have not taken a quiz will NEVER have access to the correct answers or even the quiz questions unless another student who has taken the quiz shares it with them. There isn't even an option to have students who have not taken a quiz see this information. As Stefanie stated, the most they would see is a button to start the quiz or a message saying the quiz is closed.

As to what students can see given the settings you indicated (correct answers not shown until 12/8), right now if a student takes the quiz they WILL be able to see (1) all quiz questions and answer options, (2) which answer option the student picked, (3) if the answer option was incorrect - which means the student will by default know the correct answer for any question they got correct even though it isn't specifically stated, and (4) any answer feedback you provided.

If you want students to see the quiz questions, answer options, the answer option the student picked, and which answers were correct then you would want to remove the release date for showing correct answers. Doing this would show the students who took the quiz the correct answers, but no one else (unless of course they shared it with their friends).

Quiz settings can sometimes be tricky and if you're looking for more information I'd suggest checking out this resource - Quiz Settings to Maximize Security

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@koenekern , the settings you've outlined will not allow any students, even those who have already completed the quiz, to view the correct answers until the release date you've set, which in this case is 12/8. However, if you want students who've finished the quiz to be able to view the correct answers, you can choose to omit the date setting for displaying the correct answers. If you do that, only those students who have completed at least one attempt at the quiz (or their only attempt, if you're not allowing multiple attempts) will be able to view the correct answers. Those students who haven't yet completed the quiz and attempt to access the quiz will have only one option available to them, and that is to start the quiz.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@koenekern ​, I'll add a little more to what Stefanie said, students who have not taken a quiz will NEVER have access to the correct answers or even the quiz questions unless another student who has taken the quiz shares it with them. There isn't even an option to have students who have not taken a quiz see this information. As Stefanie stated, the most they would see is a button to start the quiz or a message saying the quiz is closed.

As to what students can see given the settings you indicated (correct answers not shown until 12/8), right now if a student takes the quiz they WILL be able to see (1) all quiz questions and answer options, (2) which answer option the student picked, (3) if the answer option was incorrect - which means the student will by default know the correct answer for any question they got correct even though it isn't specifically stated, and (4) any answer feedback you provided.

If you want students to see the quiz questions, answer options, the answer option the student picked, and which answers were correct then you would want to remove the release date for showing correct answers. Doing this would show the students who took the quiz the correct answers, but no one else (unless of course they shared it with their friends).

Quiz settings can sometimes be tricky and if you're looking for more information I'd suggest checking out this resource - Quiz Settings to Maximize Security

View solution in original post