Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rangulo

Simliar option as Respondus for Mac?

Hello my fellow community members!

I was wondering if you guys have heard of a Mac option similar to Respondus quiz maker Respondus 4.0: Exam Authoring Tool . Ultimately I have an excel file that I would like to convert to a text file and upload the questions altogether without having to update all the quiz questions individually. If there is anything that you guys know of could you please inform me?! 

Thanks!

Rodrigo

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rangulo ,

Unfortunately we have not found anything for our Mac users.  We have a PC lab with Respondus 4.0 installed and they have to come to us to use it.  I don't believe that anything exists out there for Mac users yet.

Robbie

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@rangulo ‌, I'll say right up front that I have never done this myself—but one community member reports a small measure of success using Parallels Desktop to run Respondus 4.0 on a Mac. A few other solutions are provided as well in this discussion: https://community.canvaslms.com/message/86076-re-doc-to-qti-without-respondus 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @rangulo ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on December 7, 2017.  Have you had an opportunity to review the feedback that you have received from  @Robbie_Grant  and stefaniesanders?  If so, did either of their responses help to answer your question?  Or, do you still have some questions yet as it relates to your original question?  If you feel that either Robbie's or Stefanie's response has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark one of those responses as "Correct".  But, if you're still looking for some help with this question, please come back to this topic to give us an update.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for almost four months and because we've not heard back from you.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic. I hope that's alright with you, Rodrigo.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

saltman
Community Member

I have this same question. I found this situation BYU-Idaho Academic Technology Services  after a bit of searching, but I can't seem to get it to work for me.

Jeff76

I'm on Mac too and i use getmarked (https://digitaliser.getmarked.ai/). I have been using it to import my test bank for the last 2 months and it works like a charm. It is not picky about my Word document formatting so it really help me save a ton of time!