cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alana_malone4
Community Member

Single submission portal for multiple drafts...

I want:

• students to be able to submit multiple drafts to one submission portal
  • to be able to give feedback using the same marking criteria MORE THAN ONCE and not have it override the previous feedback

Currently, if a student submits a second draft and I use the rubric, it overrides the previous one and there is no record of it. Randomly, I had one submission portal that had fluked and allowed me to do this earlier this year and the student could see the progression of their criteria as they continued to draft... Is there a feature I can turn on to allow this?

I discovered moderating today, but that appears to require a second marker to provide the additional feedback rather than two lots from one marker. 

What are my options? 

1 Reply
nwilson7
Community Champion

Hello  @alana_malone4 ‌, I do not believe that there is currently a way to do this because like you mention, future submissions replace older ones.  For rubrics/grades to stay they need to have their own column in the grade book.  I know there are some feature requests for this ability such as this one:

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/11673 

I know one thing we have tried and it seems to work is to build a rubric that incorporates all the versions.  Teachers do see all the submissions and students see feedback of the most recent so the process of submitting the parts and then a whole fits.  So, if rough drafts (2) were each like 10 points and then the final is 30 points.  The rubric would be 50 points to account for the whole process.

Maybe some other users have figured out a work around. 

-Nick