cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nadine_samy
Community Member

Skills tracking capability in CANVAS

Is there a way in CANVAS to track clinical skills? Ideally this would include a list of skills that a student can self assess (e.g. see attachment). Tutors/supervisors should also be required to sign off on these skills. These grades/scores should then be exportable into excel for data analysis and reporting purposes.

3 Replies
rconroy
Instructure
Instructure

I don't know that there's an official way in Canvas to achieve this (as in something specifically integrated into the LMS), however because Canvas is open source, there is always more than one way to attack something. Smiley Happy 

You could build a template via Excel and link it to the assignment for download and have them re-upload in an assignment. That gives you the export functionality you were looking for. You could potentially consider doing group evaluations and assigning an instructor (so enroll multiple instructors to the same course) to each group in order to ensure they all check in with someone. 

There are also a ton of resources on the EduApp Center that many allow you to integrate into for free. Might be worth checking out to see if something is already out there with that capability. 

That's my 2 cents, and by no means is it all inclusive! Excited to hear some others thoughts about it. Smiley Happy 

Thank you for the suggestions Roxanne. Yes I have also noticed that the external Apps may be most appropriate for my purposes! Will trial and see how it works. Smiley Happy

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @nadine_samy ...

I thought I would check in with you because it's been about two months since there's been any new activity in this particular discussion topic.  Have you found any other solutions to accomplish what you'd like to do since you first posted this question on August 27th?  If so, would you be willing to share back here in this thread?  Or, if you are still looking for additional suggestions besides the great ideas that Deactivated user‌ has already mentioned, please post a message below so that members of the Canvas Community can help you out.  If you feel that Roxanne's reply has helped to answer your question, you could mark her response as "Correct", too.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not had any new activity in this thread for a while.  I hope that's alright with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you, Nadine!