cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvandevelde
Community Contributor

Solutions for scientific quiz type questions outside of Canvas

Jump to solution

I’m really interested to know what others are using for scientific quiz type questions outside of Canvas.

We are looking at Wiris Quizzes, but am sure there are others out there.
http://docs.wiris.com/en/quizzes/start

I would also be keen to know of anyone using Numbas and how they are hosting it.          
https://www.numbas.org.uk/                                                                                                                   

Thanks.

APAC

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mvandevelde
Community Contributor

Just a short update.

For now we’ve chosen WIRIS Quizzes, although this is not my preferred option due to how it integrates with Canvas, but it does allow for complex quiz functions.

I’m hoping when Quizzes.Next accepts LTIs, we might be able to use the WIRIS LTI with the RCE. This would reduce the support required and simplify the learning curve for teachers setting up quizzes in Canvas.   

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_derijk

Hi Mark,

We had looked at WIRIS Editor last year, and determined it wasn't the right tool for uni-wide implementation. Happy to share our assessment - noting that it was made at a particular time and stakeholder/vendor contexts may have shifted.

Note also that, at that time, WIRIS Editor (for Canvas) did NOT support LaTeX.

Regards,

- Marcus

Yes, the editor isnt enough for us either, but the full Wiris Quizzes tool might be ... its basically Moodle with Wiris.

Would love to know what you did go with Marcus if your able to share.

Mark

No problem, I'll send you the report.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

mvandevelde,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

mvandevelde
Community Contributor

Just a short update.

For now we’ve chosen WIRIS Quizzes, although this is not my preferred option due to how it integrates with Canvas, but it does allow for complex quiz functions.

I’m hoping when Quizzes.Next accepts LTIs, we might be able to use the WIRIS LTI with the RCE. This would reduce the support required and simplify the learning curve for teachers setting up quizzes in Canvas.