Speed Grader Comments

Jump to solution
solanorep
Community Novice

Speed Grader:  I often leave comments in speed grader. Are my students notified of those comments? Am I notified if they respond back?  Asking for a friend:):):)

1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi  @solanorep .  A student can see from their grades tab if there are comments left on their assignment.  Beyond this it may depend on how the student has notification settings are in place, see How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student? By default I believe our instance is set to notify students immediately if comments are left in the comment box of SpeedGrader.  This may be different at your institution and students can change this themselves as well.  Similarly, we are notified immediately as instructors if a student replies back but again, notification settings control this.  This is not the case, however, for comments left in the document viewer window itself.  Neither the student nor the instructor is notified of these although there is an idea open for this which you might consider voting up https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3254-making-feedback-more-visible-to-students 

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post