SpeedGrader video comment no audio on playback

Jump to solution
aclem
Community Novice

When I record a video comment in SpeedGrader, I can't hear the audio track on playback. I can see my lips move in the video. When I try to talk to text feature to dictate a comment, the mic picks up my speech fine. When I play audio on my computer the speakers work. I am working with the default camera and microphone built into my Lenovo ThinkPad. What is odd is that my previous version of this laptop let me record video comments just fine this year for submission to an online learning class, but now this newer laptop has this playback issue with Canvas video comments.

1 Solution
knshufford
Community Novice

I've found a fix for this. When you open the video recorder, there is a black bar above "Start Recording." This bar is the audio bar and you should see blue bars/waves when you speak. If you're not seeing those bars, then click on 'Webcam' and then select 'No Video.' Your image will disappear, but when you speak, you should see the blue audio waves. Then, simply click 'Webcam' and turn on 'FaceTime HD Camera.' Your image should come back and you should also see the blue waves when you speak. 

I hope this works for you as it did for me! 

View solution in original post