Speedgrader Annotation on iPad; Android Tablet; Windows 10 Touchscreen
- Mark as New
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Report Inappropriate Content
06-04-2020 03:40 PM
We urgently need answers to the below questions in order to make some decisions and prepare for Summer quarter and beyond.
We need an instructor-friendly, practical capability to use DocViewer to access and Annotate student assignments within Speedgrader. (The workaround (download, annotate, and upload) is not an option as it is too clumsy and time-consuming.) From reading Canvas community posts, it appears the “gold standard” for this capability is the iPad Pro with 2nd generation Apple Pencil. Due to the high cost of these devices, it is not practical for us to outfit our instructors with them. Therefore we are considering alternatives, and need answers to the following questions.
- Does the ANNOTATION function in Canvas SPEEDGRADER work exactly the same across the following current iPad models? If not, what is the difference in user experience?
- iPad (7th gen) with 1st generation Apple Pencil.
- iPad Pro (4th gen) with 2nd generation Apple Pencil.
- Does the ANNOTATION function in Canvas SPEEDGRADER work exactly the same on an Android tablet as one or both of the iPad models above? If not, exactly how is it different?
- What current model Android tablets does Canvas suggest for using the ANNOTATION function in Canvas SPEEDGRADER?
- For the ANNOTATE function in Canvas SPEEDGRADER, does Canvas plan to implement passive stylus support on Windows 10 touchscreen?