Speedgrader annotations created with Apple pencil/stylus save as low-resolution or missing letters

Jump to solution
jashlock
Community Explorer

Is anyone having problems with the quality of annotations written with a stylus being saved as low resolution or poor quality? When I create the annotations, they follow my handwriting, but if I go back and view a previously graded exam, the annotations seem to have been saved with half as many spline data points to define the lines, making the text ugly and less intelligible. In some cases complete letters are missing, and in others, things that I erased in Speedgrader are shown again. Unfortunately I was forced to download all exams, annotate in Goodnotes, and attach the graded files in Speedgrader which almost defeats its purpose.

More details for the developers: I'm using an iPad pro to annotate exams in Speedgrader. I use split screen view in landscape orientation, with Speedgrader open on the left side of the screen and my solution keys for different exam versions open on the right side in Goodnotes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
rseilham
Community Champion

@jashlock

I haven't heard of this issue yet in the community, so maybe it's something new or specific to the use case you described. If you haven't already, I would suggest you follow up with your local tech support so they can create a Canvas support ticket. You can also Report an Issue in the Help section of the Canvas Teacher app. If you hear of a fix, please report back and I'll do the same. 

View solution in original post