Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hussj

Stop Files from Opening in a Preview Box

I am uploading an index.html file into several of my modules (these files are statistics presentations). When the link is clicked on, the presentation opens, but in a preview-type box with scroll bars. The presentation fits awkwardly inside the preview box and students have to scroll left/right and up/down to read the various slides of the presentation (which is not practical when trying to learn statistics). I just want the presentation to open in a regular full mode without the box and without having to scroll. How do I accomplish that? Can't I just have a link where the presentation opens?

2 Replies
skhagen

@hussj , for more control over the display, you could put the links in a Canvas page, and then make the pages module items.

To enable or disable the auto preview for a linked file, click within the link in the editor, then click the link icon from the menu, choose the applicable box, and then click Update Link. (To edit a link's text or set a new window target, click on it and then press CTRL+K).

You could also embed your content with an iframe size that better fits the content.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hussj ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie