cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nboeh
Community Member

Student Dashboard

Jump to solution

I have recently downloaded the free Canvas account for my classroom.  I have a few students who see their course when they login through their phone, but when they login in with a computer, the course doesn't show up on the dashboard.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @nboeh ‌
The dashboard only shows a limited number of the total courses that a student is enrolled on - those that have been set as "favorites". If the student clicks the "Courses" menu on the left then chooses "All courses", they will see the full list of courses they are enrolled on. Some of the courses will have a yellow star - these are the "favorite" courses. The ones with a white star don't appear on the dashboard. If the student clicks on a white star so it turns yellow, that course will become a favorite and will be shown the next time they load the dashboard. Similarly, if the student clicks a yellow star to turn it white, that course will no longer appear on the dashboard. See this page for details: How do I customize my Courses list as a student?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @nboeh ‌
The dashboard only shows a limited number of the total courses that a student is enrolled on - those that have been set as "favorites". If the student clicks the "Courses" menu on the left then chooses "All courses", they will see the full list of courses they are enrolled on. Some of the courses will have a yellow star - these are the "favorite" courses. The ones with a white star don't appear on the dashboard. If the student clicks on a white star so it turns yellow, that course will become a favorite and will be shown the next time they load the dashboard. Similarly, if the student clicks a yellow star to turn it white, that course will no longer appear on the dashboard. See this page for details: How do I customize my Courses list as a student?

View solution in original post