cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gharbor
Community Participant

Student Grades Page by Assignment Group

When you select to view the Students Grade Page "By Assignment Group" the page correctly orders the list, but gives you no indication of which group each individual task is in?!?? See example below:

Assignment Group

As you can see although at the bottom it gives you the group totals you can't tell which task is in which group. 

This could be easily fixed by putting the % Score after the last task for each group, rather than all at the bottom of the page.

Thoughts?

7 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

gharbor, hmm... honestly this never bothered me before because I generally know which of my assignments go into which assignment groups. Yet, I have to admit there are times I'd like to be able to see their grades on individual assignments and the assignment group total while looking at this screen so in essence, I'm on board with your proposal. 🙂

Have you thought about creating a Feature Idea for this in the https://community.canvaslms.com/community/ideas?sr=search&searchId=07a26061-584c-41ea-bb0e-0427cb362...‌? If you do, add the link here and I'll vote for it!

Also, since there is no right/wrong answer here, just discussion, I went ahead and flipped this over from a question to a discussion.

gharbor
Community Participant

Kona,

I guess I'm looking at it more from the perspective of a Parent or Student who is looking at the grades. The current format just lists all the gradable tasks without any real notion of which category the item is in and how this adds up to the total for the course. 

In the example above, it's impossible for an Observer of this user to see which tasks in the list would be Formal Assessments and which are General Classwork.

I might put in a feature request as well.

Any other thoughts?

Grant

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Ah, from a parent and student perspective I can definitely see where this could be confusing. If anything I now really think you should create a Feature Idea for it!

Was there more you were hoping to get out of this discussion?

gharbor
Community Participant

No.. I'll make a feature idea and reference this discussion if that is okay? I'll also tag you in the feature request as well.

Thanks for your input.

Grant Harbor

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Please do so I can vote on it!

gharbor
Community Participant

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Voted!