cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcrum
Community Member

Student Input Score

Jump to solution

How can I set up a quiz that allows students to input only their score, and it will convert it to the correct grade to send to my school gradebook?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @bcrum  Welcome to the Canvas Community. If you create an online quiz in Canvas, with the exception of essay questions the quiz will score itself automatically.  There are currently two "flavors" of online quizzes, the traditional quiz engine and Quizzes.Next.  The online guides for both, respectively, start here and here.

However, if you are talking about students taking a paper quiz that you pass back to them, I'm afraid there is absolutely no way for students to input their own grades for anything in Canvas, other than for peer review assignments that you set up a rubric for...but even then only the instructor is the one who posts the final grade.

You may want to check with your institution's IT/Support area since it sounds like you have a school gradebook that is automated which, I assume, Canvas "reports" to automatically, but there is certainly nothing within Canvas itself that will allow a student to input a grade anywhere.

I hope this helps a bit, Beth!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @bcrum  Welcome to the Canvas Community. If you create an online quiz in Canvas, with the exception of essay questions the quiz will score itself automatically.  There are currently two "flavors" of online quizzes, the traditional quiz engine and Quizzes.Next.  The online guides for both, respectively, start here and here.

However, if you are talking about students taking a paper quiz that you pass back to them, I'm afraid there is absolutely no way for students to input their own grades for anything in Canvas, other than for peer review assignments that you set up a rubric for...but even then only the instructor is the one who posts the final grade.

You may want to check with your institution's IT/Support area since it sounds like you have a school gradebook that is automated which, I assume, Canvas "reports" to automatically, but there is certainly nothing within Canvas itself that will allow a student to input a grade anywhere.

I hope this helps a bit, Beth!

View solution in original post