cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwarren5

Student Missing a Course

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I have a student enrolled in a course. The other students can see her, and I can see her. But the course doesn't appear on her dashboard. This is a lower level course that is crosslisted with a higher level course. I have checked everything from the start date of the course, to the student permissions. I cannot find a reason for this. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have no explanation, but as a work around I have simply added the student to the Graduate level course. Since final grades are entered manually here, the professor need only put her grade in the correct spot at semesters end. Thanks!

-Curtis

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kblack

Hi  @cwarren5 ‌ - We see this every now and then.   For whatever reason, a course may not be appearing on the Dashboard.  The best thing to have the student do is head to Courses>>All Courses.  Odds are, the student will see the class listed there and simply has to click on the star icon to "favorite" it, which will place it on her dashboard.  More details from the student perspective can be found here:  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10570-4212710327 

Hope this helps a bit!

That didn't work either, as the class doesn't show up in her "all courses" section either. 

Hmm.  Then the mystery must be within the cross-listing somehow.  But it is extremely odd that the other students can see her.  This may necessitate elevating it to Canvas support.  If your cross-listing is handled automatically through an integration, you may want to keep an eye out for other things that might be affected by this.  The one interesting element is you mention it's cross-listed with a higher-level course, but a course number should make no difference here.

cwarren5

We crosslist manually. I've checked the courses and they're correct. It's the right semester and so on. I will file a ticket. 

Thanks!

Sorry I couldn't help more, Curtis.  Please share what you find out!

I have no explanation, but as a work around I have simply added the student to the Graduate level course. Since final grades are entered manually here, the professor need only put her grade in the correct spot at semesters end. Thanks!

-Curtis